Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 30 (Empty Nestering) - I've Been Working on the Railroad!

And it's nearly finished!!

For the past 7 weeks, the youth of the Brigham City South Stake have been practicing to re-enact the historic story of the Golden Spike - our areas contribution to the Temple's Cultural Celebration.  Tonight, Irish (BC West Stake Youth) and Chinese (BC South Stake Youth) workers joined the rails in a dress rehearsal on the Box Elder High School Football field.

Chinese workers...are you ready??

My part in this all?...Helping the youth be where they need to be at the time they need to be there...hopefully!!  I didn't see much of the dress rehearsal as I was receiving valuable information "walking" the performance path with about 50+ other chaperons.  In fact, the youth got done rehearsing before we did and they were looking for us!!  Some chaperons, right?!

Jessica made a special trip home to be here and sacrificed valuable study time for the dress rehearsal!  (I understand she stayed up until 2:40 a.m. doing homework once she got back to Logan!)

Chinese daughter and Mom chaperon :)

This Temple Celebration will be a wonderful event AND I'm sure many youth and leaders will feel wonderful to have it over with too!!  BUT,it will certainly be a memory that will last a lifetime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment