
Well...a quick trip to pick up straw turned into a not so quick trip but a couple of nice visits. Since we were heading to Ogden, we put it first on our list to pay a quick visit to our daughter Tiffany who has the cutest addition of a little kitten to her home. Why do cute little kittens have to grow up to be not so cute cats?! He was a cute one though and a little feisty too. (We've offered our cats several times to Tiffany, but she always says "no"!)Then we headed to Dennis and Laurie's home to pick up the straw. Well, that quick little stop turned into a much longer visit along with a few tears from laughter. Dennis can ALWAYS make me laugh and even about something that shouldn't be too laughable...tonight he related his treasured experience of going to the ER after cutting off his little finger this past June on his hale baler. Cutting off a finger?! Sounds gruesome, right? Oh but Dennis and Laurie have a great way of telling the whole experience and leaving you with aching sides! When darkness started creeping in, and we were still chatting away with Laurie and Dennis, I received a phone call from one of the Girl Scout leaders wondering what had happened to the straw! Needless to say, we didn't deliver any straw tonight because as we headed for home, Jessica was there! I certainly wasn't going to pass up the time to visit with her before she headed back to Logan! (Too bad I didn't think to take a picture of her!!...Guess I was just enjoying talking with her too much!)
I'd say we had quite the family visiting night! And Dennis is just dying to meet my little Grandson and teach him some interesting words like...rigamortus!! What a guy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment