Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 19 (Empty Nestering) - Just Peachy

What do you get when you take the small little town of Brigham City, advertise delicious local peaches, bring in 100+ Vendors, close off two street blocks for carnival rides and food booths, fill main street with two parades, drive in 500+ antique cars, have over 30,000 people visit, and add some great entertainers?  You get our classic PEACH DAYS!!

I've never been much of a fan for crowds, but once a year I turn crazy and daring and actually venture out among a mob of people!!

The BEST form of transporation at Peach Days...Bikes!!
Now Scott and I are no dummies...we knew the best time to look at booths tonight would be during the Junior Parade since the majority of the people would be sitting on main street!  (hooray!) (And since we no longer have kids marching in the parades, we had no incentive to watch the parade.)  So I met Scott after work and we walked through the booths looking for anything new and interesting.  We are avid fans of "Wild Bills" spices so we were sure to locate their booth and stock up on some more of their delicious seasonings.  And we seem to have started a new tradition, because we were sure to stop at the Chamber of Commerce booth and bought us two matching Peach Days t-shirts! :)  After about an hour and half, we jumped on our bikes (the best form of transportation during Peach Days) and headed home because we  had two special guests coming dinner...Tiffany and Jeremy.
After dinner we then headed back up town, this time with Tiffany and Jeremy, and we looked at the booths again!  I found the cutest "Grandma" storybook for when grandkids come to visit!  It's a hands-on magnetic book that I hope my grandkids will love!!  At the end of the evening, we somehow got secret access into the library's book sale were Jeremy was able to find a few good buys. 

Before heading home, Scott always spoils me...Kettle Korn!!!  He knows it's my favorite! (I think he kind-of likes it too!)

That was one "Peachy" evening!  And I'm feeling tomorrow will be even peachier because I have the rest of the family coming home!! :)  (I'm pretty sure that's my #1 reason why I love Peach Days!!  Everyone comes home!  :D  )

No comments:

Post a Comment