Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 24 (Empty Nestering) – Ushering…Our Final Day


I don’t think anything in our little town of Brigham City can compare to the beauty of the Brigham City Temple.  Scott and I have been so fortunate to serve together as ushers four times at the Brigham City Temple Open House…and mostly side by side.  I have loved it!

Tonight we got the best job ever!  (At least that was what one of the supervisors said.)  We got to issue tickets for guests who just happened to drop in to see the temple or they didn’t realize they needed a reservation.  It was nice to visit with people from throughout the state and a few out-of-staters too.  One thing I’ve totally noticed is everyone we have encountered at the temple open house is pleasant and happy.  And tonight the waiting line went around the entire temple block outside and still when the people went through they were happy.  The final visitors went through at 10:30 p.m.!


The last two hours of our shift we spent inside the temple (supposedly giving 5-10 minute breaks to other ushers) but our ushers never came back from their break!  I guess they were really tired!!  Standing in one place for hours isn’t the easiest thing to do!  BUT…it was a blessing in disguise because who should come through?...My brother Kenny and his family!!  Hugs all around!!  There’s no better place to run into family than in the temple!!

No comments:

Post a Comment