Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 18 (Empty Nestering) - That Scouting Spirit!!

Over 21 years ago I was injected with a little bug...in fact it might be considered a parasite because it just keeps eating away at me!!  Oh, don't worry...it's not too bad of a bug, but for some reason it has never left me! 

The name of the bug?  Actually, it's quite well-known...it's called "Cub Scout Spirit", and thanks to my oldest daughter Tiffany who wanted to become a cub scout when she was 8 years old, that little bit of Cub Scout Spirit turned into Girl Scout Spirit too!  I seem to have that scouting spirit coursing through my veins and when I'm asked to help, even though I'm not directly involved in either program any more, I can't say "No" to the opportunity.

So for another year you'll find me at Cub Scout Roundtable on the first Thursday of every month;  tonight I was there sharing Communications and Citizen badge activity ideas to Webelos leaders in the Bird Haven District.  Those blessed (or cursed?) leaders got to play a communications game along with decode a secret message where each of them were rewarded with a cookie because they are awesome cookies themselves!!

Hopefully I shared some good ideas they can use to make their service a little bit easier.  At the end of the night, their "thank yous" made it all worth the time for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment