Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 27 (Empty Nestering) - 4000 Stripling Warriors!!

Just imagine, if you can...4,000 youth (ya, 4,000 teenagers) ...all in one place...at one time...doing the same thing...and the end result...AWESOMENESS!!  My heart skipped a beat and I nearly cried (I know, I know, I cry at everything) as those 4,000 youth pointed their ribbon pendants towards the temple singing that someday they will meet the Savior there.  Wow!  This celebration will be amazing!  And if I felt the spirit during an organized chaos rehearsal, I can only imagine what next Saturday will be like!!  The only bad part though...I won't get to see hardly any of it!!  Sad day, right?!  As a chaperon, my position is outside the field (and most of the time in FRONT of the high school) just making sure the youth are ready to go when it's their turn.  Can someone sneak in a video camera for me??!!

So Jessica and I spent five hours this morning at the Box Elder High School football field with 4,000+ other youth and adults preparing for the Brigham City Temple Celebration.  It was chaos, but organized chaos, and how lucky for these youth who have persevered the long, tireless practices to be a part of this awesome night!  (Don't we say we hope to be able to "endure all things"?  Blessed are those who do!!)



And best of all...following the practice, Jess and I got a little mother/daughter time...we went to lunch!!  And I got a little caught up on my daughter's life!  


(I never thought I'd miss all those midnight rendezvous's by my bedside!!  Little did I know!)


No comments:

Post a Comment