Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 41 (Empty Nestering) - Surviving the Crowd!


Normally, you will never find me in a crowd!  I avoid crowds like the plague!  So in Relief Society when they offered tickets to the General Relief Society meeting I didn't think twice about it...until...Jessica said, "Mom!  We could have a mother/daughter night and invite Tiffany, Stephanie, and Anna to go with us!"  Well, anytime I can get together with my girls I'm going to jump on it, so I signed on the dotted line!

Ironic to say, Jessica didn't get to go (that Aggie Marching Band definitely runs your life during football season!) and Tiffany had work, but Stephanie, Anna and I braved the swarms of women!!

Honestly, I've never seen so many women in one place in my life!  Thank goodness Anna is a Salt Lake City driver and I could just sit in the passenger seat and close my eyes while she maneuvered through the traffic!  (Thank you Anna!!)  After parking the car and starting on our "hike" to the Conference Center I was convinced I would never do this again!

But never say never...the meeting was sooo enjoyable!  There was just a totally different spirit filling that huge mass of a building that I've never felt sitting at the stake center or in front of my TV.  I loved it!!  And the crowd really didn't seem that bad after all, although I'm sure Anna will disagree!!  

Afterwards...we had ice cream!!  I loved the meeting and I loved spending time with Stephanie and Anna!  Hmm...I think I just might go again...someday.


Oh!!  I forgot to mention...before the meeting Stephanie treated us all to dinner!!  It was delicious!!  Homemade cauliflower soup, crusty bread and I provided a salad.  YUM!!  I just love how good times revolve around food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment