Every January I seem to set the same goal…Keep my budget
book up to date! And every year I do
pretty well…until about March!! After
that, I play a catch-up game for the rest of the year. Scott will say, “Do we have any money to buy
________?” And I’ll say, “I don’t know,
I’m behind on the budget!”
So Scott asked me a favor when Jessica moved out…”Now that
we’re empty nesters, can we do the budget book together?” I’m sure we could have done the budget book
together before now, but for some reason those last two kids of ours kept us
hoping from one thing to another! I would
do the budget book during any free time that I could muster which was usually
in the afternoon after work or on Saturdays – both times when Scott was at work! Go figure!
We definitely seem to have more time together now…I’m quite
enjoying it! Tonight we sat down
together and Scott read off VISA receipts while I inputted them. And even though that hard-working man was
falling asleep on me during the process, I still really appreciated his help
and enjoyed his company!
I think I just might accomplish my goal this year!! That is if I can count starting now!
Haha! Joyce, this one seriously made me laugh out loud. The caption and the picture go so well together that I just couldn't stop myself from laughing. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha! This one really did make me laugh out loud Joyce. The title and the picture fit perfectly together! :) I hope things get better with the budgeting. The two of you are incredible examples. Thank you!
ReplyDelete