Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 15 - A "Labor" Day

For some reason throughout the many years of my life, labor day has been just that...a LABOR day.  Now most people pack up and leave town for their one last summer fling, but that has never been the case in my life.  Labor Day meant a day to labor and it was a bonus day because usually all the family was home to help out!!

Well, 2012 is no different although I must admit Scott and I took advantage of the holiday and enjoyed a little extra sleep time that we usually have to sacrifice.

I guess we're just a glutton for punishment, but this morning we were up at 4:00 a.m. folding newspapers again!!  Perhaps we just like to do it every now and then to remind us of the ten plus years delivering newspapers with our kids, or maybe we just feel sorry for those newspaper carriers who never get a day off, but whatever the reason, we said yes to substituting for our friends who have delivered newspapers longer than we did!!  (I think!)  BUT!...since it was a holiday, we got to go back to bed afterwards so that made up for the misery of it all!!  (I honesty think Scott enjoys the whole newspaper thing...see his smile...but for me it just makes me grateful those days are over!!)

Scott then spent the rest of the day...Laboring (hence the holiday!), and me?  I was his cheerleader??  And just like everything we try to fix up around here, a one hour job turned into six because installing a 2012 door into a 1970's home never goes as smoothly as you hope.  Success was achieved though, and we are now the proud new owners of a fancy front door!!  And it looks awesome!!



All that laboring called for our favorite dinner...General's Chicken from Hua Guan!!  YUM!!




1 comment: