With only two of us at home, and without Jessica to entertain us with her "funny stories", we seem to cover all the work updates and "exciting" day's events before dinner time even rolls around. When we finally sit down to eat...ya, there's not much to say. Scott usually ends up on the computer and me...I grab at anything to stimulate my mind so I don't just sit there chewing into space. Perhaps I should contact my daughter Jessica for her list of "Conversation Starters", or maybe I should just bring a book with me to the dinner table OR, do you think it might help if I hide the computer?! I'm open to any suggestions. :)
However, tonight we were rescued...we had dinner guests! Tiffany and Jeremy came over last night to utilize my awesome Cricut machine and were returning tonight to finish their project, so I jumped at the opportunity to invite them for dinner!! Dinner time conversation was resurrected and Jeremy is always good for a few dinnertime laughs! Isn't is wonderful having guests for dinner?!
You may ask why my picture isn't at the dining room table. Well, I was called off to an emergency at work and had to leave. (Some dinner host I am, right?!) By the time I returned, Tiffany and Jeremy were relaxing in my favorite spot - our gazebo - awh...no better place for a picture!
P.S. Scott says he LOVES my cooking! (For some reason he doesn't like my burnt toast though!) So tonight I let him pick the menu, one of his favorites, Sesame Chicken. And it is so easy, I was happy to oblige. (I like to share too! :) Give it a try! It's awesome!
Sesame Chicken
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pat dry with paper towels
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. soy sauce
1 c. water
2 T. cornstarch
1 t. ground ginger (fresh is better)
1/2 t. red pepper flakes (you can add more if you like it HOT!!)
Sesame Seeds
Roasted, unsalted, peanuts
1. Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet that has been sprayed with Pam, over medium-high heat.
3. Cook chicken until no longer pink. (about 6 minutes)
4. Mix together honey, soy sauce, water, corn starch, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
5. Whisk until no corn starch lumps appear.
6. Pour sauce mixture into skillet with chicken.
7. Cook until sauce thickens slightly. (You can add more water if sauce is too thick.)
8. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken starts to soak up the sauce.
9. Serve over cooked rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and peanuts.
Servings: 6
No comments:
Post a Comment