Each night as I prepare for bed, I savor in the awesomeness of warm running water and flushable toilets. When I crawl into my warm, soft bed and snuggle up to my even warmer, good-looking man, I thank the Lord for my many wonderful blessings!!
During the first week of August, 2012, I definitely missed those things mentioned above (along with many other things!) as I embarked on a Pioneer Trek along with 150+ youth from my stake and almost 100 adults. But what an experience! And what a way to stir up gratitude for those many awesome things we often take for granted.
Tonight, my trek memories were replenished as Jessica, Scott, Kelvin (Jessica's friend), and I attended a Trek Fireside. Since Jessica was on the youth executive staff, she got to speak about things she learned on trek and she did a great job comparing her trek steps to taking steps in living the gospel. "By small and simple things, great things come to pass." Of course they showed a video of the hundreds of pictures taken during the journey. I think we'll get a copy if the person in our ward can endure 2.5 hours burning time for each DVD!!
| Jess & I - Beginning the Trek Journey |
When I was first called to serve in the Stake YW Presidency thoughts of going on trek gave me nightmares. I had done that, been there before! (30 years ago!) But experiences like that are always a blessing and being able to experience it with Jessica just made it a greater blessing too! Thank you Heavenly Father for knowing what I need!!
No comments:
Post a Comment