Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 22 (Empty Nestering) - Eating More Elephant!

Oh Ya!!  Remember that elephant from Day 16?  Well, I'm pretty sure we've eaten his left ear!  


Today was Scott's day off and after doing several miscellaneous odd jobs around the house, he started in on the garage...about the time I was getting off work.  I pulled in the driveway to a mess staring me in the eyes as he had pulled all the "collected stuff" away from the wall of the garage and was going through the tedious job of sorting.  Within a few minutes, I was sorting too!  

My, my my...why in the world would anyone build a house and vent the dryer into the garage?!  We had dryer lint everywhere!  On the folding chairs, in gardening buckets, stuck to garden gloves, in tool box compartments and literally baked onto the stairs!  When our yard blower didn't budge a speck of the lint off the stairs, Scott handed me a wire brush and I went to town giving the stairs a good scrape down.  Thank goodness for shop vacs, yard blowers, wire brushes and garbage cans!!



And oh how good it feels to be able to open my car door now in the garage and not have it hit into a bucket or lawn chair!  And it feels even better to be able to walk a straight path into the house.  

Oh how I'm loving this elephant!!  :) 

 

(If you're ever feeling hungry for elephant...we still have plenty to go around and we'd love to have you come dine with us!!)


1 comment:

  1. If I was hungry for your elephant, everything would be in the trash, so I don't think you'd really want me to help. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete