Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 317 (Not So Empty Again) - A Good Movie?

I was so in the mood for a good movie tonight.  I came home from work feeling tired and "dumpy" and just wanted to sit down with Scott and enjoy a "feel good" movie to help lift my spirits.

Well...we definitely picked the wrong movie for that "feel good" feeling.  I was going on the recommendation of one of my co-workers that it was a good show.  Don't get me wrong, it was a good show, quite interesting and a bit confusing at times, but I don't recommend it if you want to feel all happy while you watch it.  The Empire of the Rising Sun is a movie about a 12-year old British boy...a rich British boy...who suddenly finds himself separated from his parents in the middle of a war and learning to survive in a Japanese Interment Camp.  Wow, I should have refreshed my memory on that one before watching it!!

I must say though, our ice cream and popcorn was very good!! At least I had one "feel good" to my evening.  :)  Oh, and he did get reunited with his parents in the end...that was a "feel good" too!  Oops!  Did I just ruin the movie for you!  My bad! ;)

You know what...I think I'll quit going on others' recommendations.


1 comment:

  1. I think Clint might like that movie. He loves war movies and the camp type ones too.

    ReplyDelete