Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 318 (Not So Empty Again) - Willow Park Picnic

It's a rare day when Jeremy gets some father/daughter time with his daughters, Eliza and Allie, since they live all the way in Vancouver, Washington.  But he finally got to have them come "home" for longer than a couple of days, and it was nice that he shared a little bit of his time with us.  Eliza and Allie are so cute!  And very loving.  Even though they don't know us at all, they easily call Scott and I Grandma and Grandpa.
Food First!
Again!!
Under Dog!!
This afternoon/evening they all came for a visit so we headed to my favorite park in Logan, Willow Park, and had a picnic, played on the playground, and looked at the animals.  Allie is a little fireball!  It's almost impossible to keep her still for longer than 30 seconds!  She hardly sits when she eats, and is soon off to play!  Eliza is a bit more mellow and loves to play pretend.  They both loved the swings and totally loved it when I did "under dog" while pushing them...you know, push and run under them while they swing.  Allie would giggle and giggle.  It was a good thing she was in the baby swings, otherwise I think she would have fallen out! 

Willow park has lots of birds and ducks, and not so many other types of animals.  They do have monkeys though and Allie and Eliza liked the monkeys and were quick to become monkeys themselves!  We tried to feed the ducks but the ducks just weren't interested today for some reason - I guess they had already ate dinner before we arrived! ;)  And I tried to get some cute pictures of the girls but with Allie's "ants in her pants" I didn't have much success.  (Good luck Stephanie trying to get a family picture!)

Two cute little monkeys!
Two little monkeys

1 comment:

  1. Oh, we got some pictures, it was hard, but we got some. Ha!

    ReplyDelete