My ward’s night time relief society meeting tonight was
all about lemons…cooking with lemons, cleaning with lemons and the health
benefits of lemons. And they related the
bible story of Ester as ways to handle all those lemons thrown in our path. It was really interesting. I’m definitely going to try some of the tips
I learned there!
Of course there were
refreshments too…lemon treats, what else?!
I tried a lemon cookie and a bite of a lemon bar and didn't mind them
one bit. I brought the only lemon
dessert I ever make – Creamy Lemon Meringue Pie – Scott’s favorite. It’s not like your tradition lemon pie…it’s
much better! But very rich! One piece is about all a person can handle in
one sitting!
Creamy Lemon Meringue Pie
3 eggs, separated
1/2 c. lemon juice
1 t. grated lemon rind
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 t. cream of tartar
1/3 c. sugar
1 baked pie crust
.jpg)
That's what I want for my birthday - a lemon maringue pie. Yours is by far the best. Way better than anyone elses or storebought. Storebought pies are gross.
ReplyDelete