Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 342 (Not So Empty Again) - Off to Camp!! "Strengthen"

Today started off the adventures of Stake Young Women Camp 2013 held at the Cinnamon Creek Campground past Porcupine Reservoir.  The camp theme this year is D&C 82:14 - "For Zion must increase in beauty, and in holiness; her borders must be enlarged; her stakes must be strengthened; yea, verily I say unto you, Zion must arise and put on her beautiful garments."  

Hauling Down the Canoes
Each day they are focusing on a different key word from the scripture.  Today's word is "Strengthen", so after setting up camp...which definitely took strength...the young women got to strengthen their physical bodies as they hiked down to Porcupine Reservoir and got to canoe and swim the afternoon away.  The youth leaders also planned water games for the young women to participate in.  I think all the young women had a great time and I spent two+ hours taking pictures!  I'm deeming myself the camp photographer! :)
Stake YW Presidency Trio...Me, Lori Frischknecht and Jerelyn  Dunaway.
Just missing Leigh Ann Norman
See the ice cream toppings in the background??  Yup, for dessert we had ice cream!  Yum!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment