Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 323b (Not So Empty Again) - Dinner Date

It’s not often you get a dinner date with one of your daughter’s guy friends…especially since our daughter, Jessica, is on a mission!!  For some reason Caleb asked us out for dinner…a couple of months ago!  Now that’s advance planning!  But he’s certainly a busy guy working three jobs and Scott and I are quite busy ourselves so he was being quite smart.

Caleb said we could pick the restaurant, but we knew he didn't like “American Mexican” or Chinese food because he’s had the authentic version of both of those, so that really limited our options, especially here in good old Brigham City.  So I suggested he buy a couple of steaks and bring our favorite dessert (ice cream in case you’re wondering!) and we’d grill up those steaks at our house and I’d provide a salad and baked potatoes.  To my surprise, he was all for it!  It was definitely a delicious dinner and the company was good too!  Kelvin even joined us for dinner (because the steaks Caleb brought were huge!!) before taking off for a late evening date.

Caleb’s an awesome guy – very smart, spiritual, hard working and organized…maybe a little ACD on the organization part, but he certainly pays attention to what you say and takes these amazing mental notes that he uses for future reference.  For example, somehow he remembered Scott and I LOVE ice cream with peanut butter in it…that’s what he brought for dessert.  How does he do that?!  I figured Jessica told him that tidbit of information months ago or we mentioned it at some time when he came to visit although I don’t remember it.  Crazy, right?! 

Bull Tracks Aggie Ice Cream!  YUM!!
Cabel will make some girl an awesome husband some day if he continues that mental note taking thing…he’ll always know what to buy her for her birthday and remember what make her happy because he makes it a priority to remember.  A good lesson I need to follow too!  




1 comment:

  1. Oh Caleb - So funny! I LOVE American Mexican and Chinese. We would not get a long.

    ReplyDelete