Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 329a (Not So Empty Again) - One Of My Favorite Things



When Scott and I go vacationing, we like to get up early in the morning and go for a run.  It is one of my favorite things!  I know, I’m crazy!  Most people’s favorite thing to do on vacation is probably sleeping in!  But getting out and running before the whole town gets “busy” is totally awesome!  It’s like you get to see the area “up close and personal” because you’re not just whizzing by in your car, seeing from a distance.  And the “feel good” feeling you get after going for a run is like a bonus!


Yesterday we ran to the St. George Temple.  Actually we ran/walked because Scott is still having knee problems, but I still enjoyed it.  Then this morning we ran to “Pioneer Park” which is only a mile away from our hotel and it’s awesome!  Now it’s not your normal “park” with grass, swings and slippery slides.  No way!  Remember, we’re in St. George!  Pioneer Park is a kid’s rock climbing heaven!  Scott and I had a great time climbing the red rocks and getting to look over the city of St. George.  There were nooks, holes, and great big boulders to climb.  Also a small rock house with a chimney and a fire pit cooking area.  Man!  I was wishing I had my nice camera, but I never run with that – that would be insane – so these pictures are just from our phones.

Hello Down There!!
Climbing Higher!

Rooms Among the Rocks?

Who's that little speak?!

What a View! :)

Cozy Home?
Just a little dark inside!

1 comment:

  1. Those rocks look like so much fun to climb in and out of. So fun!

    ReplyDelete