Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 327 (Not So Empty Again) - A Tuacahn Vacation!!

Woohoo!  Vacation time! J  When we planned our trip back in February, it seemed so far away and now it’s here!  Scott and I have really been looking forward to this vacation!

So a little recap…in January I got an email advertising season tickets for Tuacahn – an amazing outdoor amphitheater in St. George that produces totally awesome live play performances.  Last summer, Scott, Tiffany, Jessica and I stopped off in St. George on our way to the Grand Canyon and saw Aladdin and that’s when I fell in love with Tuacahn!  I didn't mention anything to Scott about the email since it is quite expensive to see one play and, after all, we did it last year, but when he randomly said we should get season tickets and go see all the plays I jumped at the suggestion!  I pulled up my email, found the early bird deal and we bought our tickets that day.  Sweet!!

Since we stayed the night last night at Stephanie’s, we only had a five hour drive to St. George.  We drove straight except for a pit stop for some yummy ice cream (had to cool ourselves somehow, with no AC in the car, we were…HOT!!)  
Ice Cream for the Road! :)
We arrived around 3 pm, checked into our hotel (Days Inn), cooled down for a bit and then fixed ourselves a yummy chef salad.  (We’re misers; we brought our own food…so much cheaper!!)  Then we headed for our first performance – Mulan.  Mulan was performed in the Hafen Theater at the Tuacahn High School which is located just next door to the amphitheater.  It was excellent!  Such simple scenery changes and yet beautifully done.  The play seemed so short though…well, I guess it was…only 75 minutes with no intermission but when a show is done well it goes so fast anyway!  And this play started early – 7 p.m. - I guess since it was performed indoors.  I did miss the ambiance the outdoor amphitheater holds but the performance was still top notch!!  Tomorrow we see Thoroughly Modern Millie.  I can’t wait!! :0)

And since the play was so early, we got to enjoy a night swim at the hotel once we got back.  

Aww...I love being on vacation!! :)

1 comment: