Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 343 (Not So Empty Again) - YW Camp Day 2..."Enlarge"

The Camp Theme this year is "Zion's Boot Camp"...so the youth leaders took that theme seriously and we started the day with calisthenics!  Of course!  What boot camp doesn't do calisthenics!  I thought those youth leaders would take it easy on the girls, but they really kicked butt!
Morning Calisthenics ;)
Craft Time
Certification
The key scripture word for today was "Enlarge"...the young women got to enlarge their minds and talents as they completed camp certification, made crafts, and performed skits on stage.  I loved the skit prompts they provided!  Each ward drew from a hat a fairy tale and then drew from another hat a YW Value and then had to incorporate the two together in their skit.  The skits turned out awesome!  Such talented YW we have in our stake! :)

The youth leaders asked us "stake ladies" to provide "commercials" for in-between the skits.  I'm not very creative so I just brought my "Creative Campfires" book I've had for years and we gleaned several great "run-ons" from it.  I even got to teach The Wishy Washer Washer Woman song which is my all time favorite camp song!!
Our CPR Run-on
Wishy Washy Washer Woman




No comments:

Post a Comment