+(800x533).jpg) |
| St. George Temple |
 |
| Inside the St. George Tabernacle |
I guess today was our “spiritual” day. We headed downtown at 9:30 a.m. and attended
the 10:00 a.m. endowment session at the St. George Temple. The St. George Temple is beautiful! Isn’t it great whatever temple you visit the
ceremony and sacred truths are still the same!
Then we met up with Scott’s brother Dennis and his wife Cherrie and
treated them to lunch…well, we treated Dennis to lunch, Cherrie showed up later
but refused our offer. We ate at the
“Iceberg” because they have these most amazingly awesome and delicious zucchini
sticks! (Ya, I was the only one who
ordered them! They’re a classic way to
turn something healthy into unhealthy!)
And I was soooo mad!...I forgot to take a picture! I even had it all planned!
L Ugh!
Darn my old brain!
After lunch, Scott and I took in a tour of the St. George
Tabernacle. It reminded me so much of
our good old Brigham City Tabernacle. St
George is full of Mormon pioneer history.
I was wishing for more time to visit all the historic sites, but Scott
was hot, tired, and sick of wearing his “Sunday clothes”. He demanded we go back to the hotel to get
out of the heat and take a nap. Ok, it’s
all good. It’s good I have Scott around
to remind me I can’t do everything as much as I’d like too! Besides, It gave me some time to catch up my
blog.
+(800x533).jpg) |
| A Much Needed Nap!! |
For dinner we picked up some chicken at Smith’s and we
had a picnic at a traditional park, yes, they have those too. It was just very warm. I had planned for us to eat at Gunlock State
Park which is kind of on the way to Tuacahn but we were both so hot and tired
that the park was a better option!
 |
| Picnic in the Park (and the shade!!) |
 |
| Tuacahn at Night |
.jpg) |
| Ice Cream and Popcorn! Oh ya! :) |
Tonight was Mary Poppins and it was AMAZING!! I loved it!!
Definitely my favorite play so far.
I could not believe the special effects and yes, Mary Poppins did
fly! Oh how I wished photography was
allowed during the play! Tonight’s play
was just as long as last nights but we found a stray seat cushion left in the
amphitheater which saved my butt! We
tried to turn it in to the usher (seat cushions rent for $2.50 so we wanted to
be honest), but the usher just told us to use it. One of the cool things about Tuacahn is you
can bring in your own food and drinks so tonight Scott and I brought in our
very own ice cream and popcorn! Sweet,
right?! The Usher totally teased us
about it but minutes later he came back with his own spoon for a taste. Ha, ha…he didn’t really eat some but we
totally said he could!
That's so fun! I always like visiting new temples just to see different layouts, because thats the only thing that's different. :)
ReplyDelete