Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 321 (Not So Empty Again) - Cucumbers in a Cage

Our First Cucumber
Master Gardener :)
I Love that guy!!
Can you see the little vine wrapped
around the wire?  Tricky little things, right?!
We picked our first cucumber today...it just made me happy!  Every year we plant cucumbers, and every year they start to grow, and then every year they just die!  We don't know why, we don't know how, but something must be in our soil that cucumbers hate!                                                                                                                                 So this year Scott tried an experiment and he planted four cucumbers, each plant in its own pot with a homemade soil mixture.  Then he put tomato cages over the plant to contain it to it's defined living space.  Well, those cucumbers have been doing great!  And it's so awesome to see the itty, bitty cucumbers hanging as they start to grow and then pretty soon they have become big ones!  It's so awesome! :)
Scott has been quite the master gardener this year...I don't think our garden has ever looked better!!
What a man I have!!



1 comment: