Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 332 (Not So Empty Again) - A Water Day!!

Several weeks ago I received an email newsletter telling all about a homemade slip & slide that you can make just out of a tarp, sprinkler, and baby shampoo.  I've been dying to try the idea ever since...after all, slip & slides were one of my favorite summer activities growing up!  So when Stephanie called a while ago and said they were going to come visit on July 20, I was so excited!  Slip & Slide here we come!!

So on our way home from St. George yesterday, we stopped off at Harbor Freight and invested in a nice big, heavy-duty tarp.  Then we headed over to Dollar Tree for a cheap bottle of baby shampoo.  Scott is such a sweetheart to go along with all my little kid fun and Harbor Freight definitely has the best prices on tarps!  Besides, asking Scott to go to Harbor Freight is like asking him to have a spoonful of peanut butter/chocolate ice cream - he loves that place!

Look at that air!
Drag & Slide?
Clint, Stephanie and Jonas arrived around 10 in the morning.  After lunch we pulled out the tarp, sprinkler, and baby shampoo and started the fun.  Now, Jonas is a little too young to understand the whole run and slide concept, but Clint and Kelvin totally turned into little boys again.  Jonas' sliding included being dragged over the trap but I honestly think he enjoyed playing with the water hose, and in the bubbles that the shampoo created much more.  What counts is we all had fun!  (I recommend buying a more expensive brand of baby shampoo though...the kind I bought just wasn't all that slippery.  Liquid dish soap worked well but it really hurt if you got it in your eyes!!  Ouch!)

Slide Tricks

Talk about water in the eyes!!  Thank goodness for baby shampoo!
Fun in the bubbles
The greatest toy ever!  The water hose!!
Then to top it off, tonight was the NALC (National Association of Letter Carriers) Family Swim Party in North Ogden.  So after enjoying a little take-out General's Chicken we headed to North Ogden for some more water fun.  That swimming pool is awesome!  A total heaven for little kids!  And you know what makes swimming so much fun?...Little kids!  I had fun just watching Jonas play in the water although it did take him almost the whole time to warm up to the swimming idea.  When it was almost time to go he discovered the fun of the small tot's slippery slide!  It was so cute watching him go up and down and up and down.  He liked sitting at the top having the water spray over his legs, so we had to give him a little push to go down once he discovered that!

To sweeten the whole deal, they had free ice cream bars, and soda pop!  Woohoo!  I think I've ate ice cream every night this week except one!  Oh well!!  That's why we have vacations, right?! :)

Thanks Stephanie, Clint and Jonas for the totally fun water day!!


1 comment: