Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 326 (Not So Empty Again) - FHE at Clintanie's AND Exciting News!!

It seems like it’s been forever since we’ve had our monthly combined FHE, when actually it’s only been two months!  Since our Family Campout in June took the place of our Sunday FHE, it makes it seem forever.

Tonight we all gathered at Clintanie’s home (that’s Clint and Stephanie combined in case you’re wondering..and WE didn't include everyone, we were missing Tiffany, Jeremy, Cody, and Jessica).  Dinner was chicken enchilidas, Spanish rice, salad, and Peanut Butter bars for dessert.  Yummy as always!  Stephanie is an awesome cook!

After filling our tummies, we filled our spirits – Stephanie gave a lesson centered around the conference talk by Elder Clayton which he gave last April called, “Marriage:  Watch and Learn”.  I love that we can still have “gospel discussions” together as a family.  Scott and I talked to Cody via Google Hangout last Friday and he said, “I miss having our gospel talks around the dinner table.”  Ya, I miss them too.

Following the lesson, we played Phase 10 Dice.  My first time playing and now I want to buy it – it was a fun game…we played it in teams by couples and Scott and I won!  How lucky is that?!  (Really lucky, I’d say!!)

Scott and I leave for St. George tomorrow so we opted to stayed the night and save ourselves a few miles traveling in the morning – Thank goodness Kelvin is around to house and pet sit for us.

"Are you guys pregnant?!"

Happy Grandma :)
AND…Jason and Anna announced exciting news!!  They’re pregnant!...but I already knew…found out June 20 when they came Thursday night to help us set up camp for our family campout.  I was excited then…I’m still excited now!!  Woohoo!!  Two more sweet little grandkids coming my way!! So here's a couple of pictures Anna took at the family campout when they announced the news to me...Jason was casually showing me pictures on his phone when he popped in one and said, "And look at this one"...it was a picture of their pregnancy test - I totally stopped what I was doing, not sure if I was seeing right and said, "Are you guys pregnant?!"  Ya, I was totally excited!  I've been holding off on these pictures until they made the official announcement.  Oh happy day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment