Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Counting Blessings: A First!

Today's Blessing:  Prepared in Advance

This is definitely a first!  Here it is 7:30 in the morning and I have my "gift" for an Arrow of Light ceremony that is tonight all prepared and ready to go!  Usually I'm throwing it together just hours before I need to leave!  You would think being the avid scouter that I am that I would be better at following the motto of "Be Prepared."  Ya, I'm still working a lot on that one!!


For the record, the ceremony turned out great!  I recognized and honored two young cub scouts in earning their Arrow of Light award.  I shared "The Story of the Six Arrows" and some how had everyone's attention throughout the entire ceremony.  Both parents asked me to stay for a picture after and they thanked me over and over for doing the presentation for their sons.  Their thanks makes it all worth it!!

2 comments:

  1. You must be pretty good at what you do because tons of people always ask you to do their arrow of light ceremonies. And it's not even your calling. Word of mouth must get out that you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right Steph! She is super good at that type of story telling!!!

    ReplyDelete