Today's Blessing: A Favorite Spot
Scott and I set up our gazebo tonight...it will probably be the last time. The cheap metal is breaking, bent, and falling apart, the fabric covering is torn in several places, and many of the hooks to hold the covering in place have ripped off. Ugh! That makes me sad...I really like that thing! I love being able to go out there and sit and swing especially when it's getting toward evening and the day is settling down. It's just...peaceful. I remember Jessica loved going out there to read or write in her journal and oftentimes I'd find her fallen asleep. Scott didn't want to set it up at all this year because the covering is in such poor shape, but I did just a little begging and he agreed to set it up. Hopefully it will stay in one piece by the end of the summer.
So to break it in for the summer, we read our scriptures in it tonight. That was Scott's suggestion. Either he likes it a little too or he was just making me happy...it's probably the latter.
Someone else likes the swing too! Nilly, our cat, watched us the whole time we were setting it up. She probably couldn't wait to get comfy on the swing; after all, it was her favorite spot last summer. And Nilly joined us for scripture reading too! We have a spiritually fed kitty! ;)


+(800x600).jpg)
Ha ha! That's so funny about Nillie! I like that Gazebo. It's lasted you almost 6 years. As long as Clint and I have been married.
ReplyDeleteAh, cute little Nilly! I really miss Sammy. He was such a funny little guy. He was a hoot to spend time with last summer. Glad I got to stay with you guys for that time, it was fantastic! :)
ReplyDelete