Friday, May 2, 2014

Counting Blessings: It's Webelos Woods Time Again

Today's Blessing:  Hooray for Sunshine and Playful Dads!

It was sunny and warm for Webelos Woods tonight!  Hooray for Sunshine!!

I have helped at Webelos Woods for several years now.  I usually do the "Athlete" badge section which is playing games with a few curl-ups, push-ups, and standing long jump mixed in.  And it usually always rains!!  But tonight it was warm and sunny!  Soooo nice!!  If you want a look at what it was like last year, just take a look at my post on May 17, 2013.

Tiffany gave me a great relay game idea today that involved having the boys do their curl-ups while passing a Lego block to the person ahead of them.  The first team to get all 10 Lego blocks to the front of the line (and stacked) wins!  They loved the game!  And it's so great when the Dads are willing to play the games too! I had a few dads who were willing to join in the fun and the boys loved it!  I think one of the best things you can do with your kids is play with them!  Just because we're "old", we don't have to quit having fun!

I love the smile on this boy's face...his dad in the guy in the front!

2 comments:

  1. If you want to link up your May 13 post so you can just click on it and it will take us there, just copy the url on your May 13 post, highlight the words "May 13, 2013" in this current post, then click the "link" tab on this current post when you are writing it (or editing it in this case), and then paste the url. That way I, or anyone else, can click on those words and it will directly take us to the post you are referring to as opposed to finding it. Hopefully that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Stephanie! I'll give it a try. I looked back and it was actually May 17 - and you can't even tell it's pouring rain!

      Delete