Saturday, May 3, 2014

Counting Blessings: A Grandkid Holiday

Today's Blessing:  One Little Boy's Imagination and a Daughter Who Can De-Hook a Fish!!

Stephanie, Jonas, and Alexis are spending a "Grandkid Holiday" with Scott and I for the next four days while Clint is on a business trip in Washington D.C.  They actually arrived yesterday morning, so we get five whole days and four nights enjoying their company. :)  And what's really cool is Scott get to spend the time with us too since he's off work because of his knee surgery!  Sweet!! :)

Today was loaded with fun...we went to Lindsay park in the morning, Jonas and I made chicken pot pie in the afternoon, and then we went to the Cold Springs Trout Farm for a little "easy" fishing - Jonas' first experience at catching a fish which he wanted nothing to do with it once it was on his hook!!  It was so fun seeing the look on his face as that fish flipped and flopped on the line!

As for today's blessings...Jonas has quite the imagination and it is so cute!  Jonas likes to help me cook so when they visit I try to always invite him to help me cook the food.  Well, Jonas loves flour!  I mean, Jonas loves playing in the flour! (Yes, I did make him wash his hands before helping.)  So he helped me roll out the pie crust for the pot pie, and then while I finished the rolling and placing in the pie plate, Jonas' little hands and fingers became some imaginary person "walking" up the sides of the flour canister, "falling" into the flour, and then accomplishing the feat of "climbing" out of the flour.  Talk about cute to watch!  And he talked the whole time too although I couldn't understand a word he said!  I pretended to concentrate on rolling the pie crust, but I was really peeking at him from the corner of my eyes and enjoying every minute of his imaginary play.  Sure he made a mess, and he was a flour mess too, but the memory of his playing was priceless!


Love that flour boy!!
And I'm so glad Tiffany knows how to de-hook a fish!  Yesterday Tiffany suggested taking Jonas to the trout farm (a true fisherman's wife! ;) and I thought the idea sounded so fun, but I didn't even think about what to do once the fish was caught.  Truthfully, fish make me a little squeamish.  So when that fish came out of the water I instantly called for Tiffany!  Ya, she acted like it was nothing - she is a true fisherman's wife!!  I want you to know, I did touch the fish and tried to get Jonas to also but he totally refused - actually, I can't blame him...perhaps when he gets older.

I have to include some other cute pictures too!
The best breakfast ever!  My chocolate milk boy...
he likes dipping his toast in his chocolate milk just like me!
Jonas loved going down this slide!
Alexis at the park...she doesn't look every excited does she. ;)
Stephanie got some really cute shots of Jonas at the trout farm while we waited to have the fish de-boned
- I love this one!
Look at the cute snake puppet Tiffany crocheted for Jonas...
ya, he wanted nothing to do with it too!

1 comment: