Friday, May 16, 2014

Counting Blessings: Keeping Me on Track

Today's Blessing:  My GPS Watch

I no longer have to use peebles to keep track of my running intervals!  Ha, ha.  Ya, I know what you're thinking...what a stupid lady!  But it was the best thing I could do to help me remember what interval I was on.  Each time I started a new interval, I would drop a peeble and by the time I was down to one I knew I was about done!

A while ago I mentioned to Scott that I would like a GPS device that I could use to track my running so I wouldn't have to use my phone.  My phone is getting older and the battery is having a hard time staying charged for the whole day.  Since I use it to track my running and walking all the time, I think that is taking a toll on the battery life.

So Scott checked into several devices for me, but they cost $150 and more.  No thank you!  I'll just keep using my phone!  Well, that stinker bought me one for Mother's Day without telling me.  I was surprised to say the least...and a little angry...because all I could think was "How much did this cost?!"  He soothed my feelings by letting me know it was under $100.

Well...I love it!  I used it for the first time Wednesday just to give it a test run (I took my phone too just in case) and today I braved it by itself!  It is awesome!  Scott programmed in the minute intervals I want to run, and it tells me when it is time to start a new interval.  It keeps track of my miles, time, interval pace, calories burned, and more!  It's a wonder on a wristband!  I can even download all my run info to MapMyFitness which I have been using for sometime to keep track of all my workouts!  SWEET! :)



1 comment: