I remember being a little kid and thinking about Christmas day...my stomach would get these little tingles of excitement that would travel throughout my whole body.
.jpg) |
| A special addition to my collection! |
It may sound crazy, but I still get those little tingles but for a different reason. Back then it was all the excitement of "seeing what Santa brought", but now it's all about knowing my family is coming home!! It just makes me sooo happy!
So today was definitely a Merry Christmas!! The day started early for Scott and I so we could get Christmas lunch/supper going. Taking half of the morning, we were busy fixing food and getting prepared for the day. Finally around 10 a.m. (I think) we started unwrapping gifts with Cody and Jessica. It was an awesomely tear-happy morning!! I think Jessica started it all off when she opened a simple little "Gold" gift from her dad...a temple recommend holder that said "Princess" on it. Who would have thought that would bring her to tears!! Then, when I opened a Willow Tree "Holy Family" figurine from Jess, Cody, and Tiffany I couldn't help but breakdown and cry too!! And when Scott gave me a card for my meaningful gift granting me a night off of cooking and dishes so I can scrapbook...sheesh...I was all tears again. Even Cody giving me his missionary name badge and plaque made me cry!!
.jpg) |
| "Spiderman" Jonas :) |
.jpg) |
| Everyone!! :) |
The greatest thing ever was EVERYONE came home for Christmas!! Even my Mom and Dad joined us for "lunpper" and gifts. I just love having all the kids home!! We had a delicious lunch at 2:30 p.m. and then opened gifts! Since Jeremy is a new addition to our family this year, I made him his very own "Dean Original Jumbo Stocking" along with goodies inside. (It's the one and only time I fill the married kids stockings!) I totally love watching the kids open their gifts!! And it was extra special this year watching a cute little grandson open his gifts too!
I was totally spoiled this Christmas! Scott actually got the Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh gifts down this year! For my Gold gift he gave me a 1 terabyte external hard drive to store all my photos!! Hooray!! My useful gift was one of those ceramic frying pans that you never have to use oil to cook with and nothing sticks to it! And I already mentioned my meaningful gift...the free night once a week to scrapbook. He gave me a pretty sweet stocking stuffer too...the coolest tripod ever!! Now I can be in pictures too!! Scott certainly knows what I like to do!! Stephanie and Clint gave Scott and I both yoga mats so we can accomplish one of our new years goals :) And Jason and Anna gave me a nice long cutting ruler guide for sewing and the sweetest little mini sundae bar for both Scott and I...they certainly know how much we love ice cream!! Tiffany, Cody, and Jess all went in together for my Willow Tree Holy Family, which I'm going to keep out all year round. And Cody gave me his mission plaque, one of his missionary name badges, and the cutest pair of Alaska socks...did you know the Alaska State Flower is the Forget-me-not? I think that's pretty cool!! I told Cody that just having him home was the best gift ever!!
.jpg) |
| The throwing of the rock salt...or was it ice melt?! |
.jpg) |
| Exchanging Stethoscopes :) |
Normally for Christmas day, we visit grandparents, or play games at home but this year we had another celebration to attend!...Tiffany and Jeremy's Wedding!! I certainly won't forgot their anniversary date! So around 6:15 p.m. we jumped in our cars and drove to the Ogden Regional Hospital. There Tiffany and Jeremy exchanged vows and stethoscopes! The Catholic Priest performed a wonderful ceremony which fit the occasion perfectly!! Tiffany and Jeremy both looked sooo happy! And as they left the hospital, Clint, Jason, and Anna threw rock salt (or maybe it was ice melt?!) We all met up at Denny's afterward for pie and ice cream but they were so crowded (crazy, right...crowded on Christmas Day??!!) that Tiffany and Jeremy decided to postpone the treats until a later date. So Jason and Anna and Tiffany and Jeremy headed for their homes, but Clint, Stephanie and Jonas came back to Brigham with us for some after Christmas celebrating tomorrow! :)
Ah...today was definitely merry!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment