Sunday, December 30, 2012

Day 132 (Not So Empty) - Welcome Home Elder Dean!


I guess you could say Cody is officially home...he gave his "homecoming talk" in church today and it was great having all the extended family and many friends come and support him.  He has definitely changed from the young boy who left two years ago.

Following church we had an open house with deli sandwiches, chips, salads and lots of sweet goodies!  I am so thankful to my wonderful family who helped so much to make it a special day.  It was great visiting with family and friends who we haven't seen "for a month of Sundays" it seems.  After most of the guests left, we had a fun time with a little indoor "snowball" fight and then a quick game of "Psychiatrist".  Stephanie Ann and Kelvin were still with us and had fun with us too but at 5:00 p.m. we all waved good-bye to Stephanie Ann as she had a bus to catch back to Rigby, Idaho.

I was thinking back to when Cody left and it was kind-of funny because two years ago our basement was full of soccer teammates wishing him well as he embarked on the "best two years" of his life.  This time there were no teammates around...I suppose they are all on missions themselves or out making their life fortunes!!  It is funny how time makes things so different!  One thing always stays constant though...and that's family!!  Because....

Families are Forever!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment