Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 130 (Not So Empty) - Hello Stephanie Ann

Good-bye Christmas Village...until next year!
It always makes me a little sad
 to put away all the Christmas Decor :(
A little unknown to us...Cody had a pen pal for the majority of his mission!  Cody's companion, Elder Buttle, introduced Cody to Stephanie Ann via letter writing and they wrote to each other for 22 months...Crazy, right?!  Well, even crazier...today was the day they met in person!!  She bought a bus ticket from Rigby ID to good old Brigham City and she'll be our house guest for the weekend.

Stephanie Ann (we call her Stephanie Ann so as not to confuse her with our own Stephanie) is very sweet and we certainly didn't want her to feel out of place, so we instantly put her to work helping us take the Christmas decorations down.  (I hope she didn't mind!)  Normally I wait until New Year's Day but with company coming for Cody's homecoming talk on Sunday I knew we needed extra room!  I always get a little depressed when I have to box up all the Christmas delights, but my front room seems so much roomier now!!

We didn't make her work the entire day...that night we (Scott, Jess, Kelvin, Cody, Stephanie Ann, and I) all loaded into our car and went for a nice outdoor swim!!  No worries!  We went to Crystal Hot Springs and it was heavenly! :)  I wanted to get a picture but the steam from all that hot water totally made it impossible for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment