Monday, December 31, 2012

Day 133 (Not So Empty) - A Rockin' New Years Eve?

Scott loves this game!  Because he always wins!!
You know you're getting old when the thought of staying up until midnight to welcome in the New Year just makes you tired!

Scott and I had planned on a quiet New Years Eve with a few games, a movie, and naturally popcorn and ice cream.  Well, our plans got changed a little when Jess and Kelvin both ended up feeling under the weather and decided to spend their New Years Eve playing Zelda on our ancient Ninetendo 64!  (Yes, it does still work!)

Scott and I were fine with that...we played Farkle a couple of times, which is Scott's favorite game because he is sooo lucky!!  Both times he beat me hands down and he didn't even try!!  Ugh!!  It's not fair that he's so lucky at that game!!  So after two rounds I was ready for something else but our TV was occupied and neither of us had any energy to do anything else!  We thought we could go in our bedroom and watch a movie there but we both knew we'd be sound asleep in a matter of minutes!

So...we sat on the couch...and sat on the couch...like two vegetables!  Sounds exciting, right?  I couldn't wait for midnight to strike so I could bang my pan lid and go to bed!!  (Some party animal I am!!)

I'm happy to report, I made it to midnight!!  I banged my pan lid along with Scott, Jess, and Kelvin...and then Scott and I went to bed.  Oh dear!!  That was my favorite part!!
I think Kelvin thought we were a bunch of loonies!! ;)

Happy New Year Everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment