What a packed full day!...
First off...Stephanie and Jonas came last night and slept over at our house while Clint was having a fun time with his brothers and Dad at their annual Dude Fest. So today I got to spend some time with Stephanie and Jonas. Jonas helped me feed the cats, mix up pancakes, make cupcake pics and break up lettuce for our lunch. We played in the sandbox, went for a wagon ride, and he fell asleep on my lap at lunch time being exhausted from all that work and play (and a bit from not sleeping so well the night before...you know how it is trying to sleep in a different place!) Now, it wasn't all just time with Jonas...Stephanie helped me frost cupcakes and we went to a "Paparazzi" open house and bought some cute necklaces. Then when Jonas took his nap, Stephanie tutored me on some digital scrapbooking! Months ago Stephanie put together a "Digital Scrapbooking for Dummies" instruction packet for me (she didn't really call it that but it was put together very simply...just for me!) so I sat at the computer while she lay on the couch. She did have to get up and help me several times but she said she was very proud of me because I did a lot of it myself! I was so excited! I just wanted to do more! It was nice having her come to visit!
.jpg) |
| My Little Chef! |
 |
| Wagon Ride |
.jpg) |
| Scrapbook page! Almost by myself! |
Second...Cody moved back home from college last night only to be onto an airplane at 5 pm today...heading back to Alaska but this time to work! His girlfriend Aly stayed the night in our spare bedroom because she was the one who drove him to the airport this afternoon. Good thing! I had a hard time saying goodbye to him from here! I would have had a breakdown at the airport! Besides, I knew they wanted to spend as much time as possible together before he left! They spent the morning packing his suitcases and putting lots of his stuff in the storage shed until he returns home in August. Cody gave me the tightest hugs ever before leaving. Sheesh! I hardly saw him as it was but I'm missing him already!...probably because I know how far away he will be all summer.
.jpg) |
| One tight goodbye hug! |
Third...amongst all the morning commotion, I went to Porter Dunaway's baptism, the oldest son of one of the ladies I work with in the stake YW presidency. (That's what the cupcakes were for.) It was so great! During the wait time between the baptism and confirmation, they had put together some of Porter's favorite "Mormon Messages". That was the best idea ever! Those videos totally brought the spirit in instead of the usual noisy visiting during that wait time. Then after Porter and his Dad came back in, they had the most beautiful musical number called "Gethsemane" sung by Porter's cousins. Wow! The spirit was so strong!
.jpg) |
| It's Great to be Eight |
Fourth...we got a final visit from Kelvin. He dropped in for a haircut and was lucky enough to get an expert job done by Stephanie. He looked very handsome when she got done! (Why didn't I take a picture?!) He had hung around extra days in Logan helping all his friends move out of their apartments and clean. What a guy! He's now off to Riverside, California to make big bucks to pay for another year of college next fall.
I must admit, I was tired when bedtime rolled around...but I wouldn't have changed a thing!! It was a wonderful day!
It was a fun day! And I'm excited to see the other scrapbook pages you'll do....soon!
ReplyDelete