Sunday dinners at our house have certainly changed! When all the kids were home, Sunday was our "big" nice dinner day. I would throw a chicken or roast in the crockpot or oven to cook while we were at church and then finish the trimmings of mashed potatoes with gravy, croutons, and a green salad when we got home. That's how it was for me when I was growing up so I continued it on in my home. Besides, I love mashed potatoes and gravy!
But being empty nesters has kind-of changed things for us. I find I like simpler and smaller meals now, although every now and then I am hungry for that good old "Sunday Dinner".
Today we went really easy...Chef salad. Scott cooked up some chicken while I washed up a few veggies we had in the fridge and woolah!! Dinner is served! Scott was especially happy because he's been asking for chef salad at least three times a week!! (Personally, I like a little more variety than that!!) My salad really tasted yummy...especially since I had mushrooms, avocados, and green peppers to put on it! Scott would say otherwise! ;)
![]() |
| All the fixins' |
![]() |
| My Yummy Salad! |
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
Your salad looks yummy! Except for the mushrooms.
ReplyDeleteMy salad tasted better!
ReplyDelete