Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 276 (Not So Empty Again) - Fun Being a Grandma

My daughter Stephanie is always so good at letting me be a Grandma and giving me time to enjoy my sweet little grandson.  YET, she never "expects" me to watch him and she respects my time and always asks first and plans ahead because she knows I like to stay busy.  Since they don't exactly live "close to home", she makes the sacrifice to come to Brigham City at least once a month (sometimes more!) and that makes it a special day because I love seeing them and I get to have a "Grandma Day"!

First you push the seed in...
Then, "Here comes dirt."
Today I got to enjoy Jonas and his cuteness all morning while they attended the temple and then went out to eat.  He was soooo cute!  The best thing about Jonas is he's very willing to "help" Grandma so it's not like I can't get any of my work done.  After his mom and dad left, I got Jonas dressed for the day and we went outside and planted corn and beans.  Talk about cute!  It was just so cute to watch him push the seeds into the ground and then cover them with dirt.  When I showed him how to cover the seed I said, "Here comes the dirt."  Well, Jonas is totally all ears so after that when he covered the seeds he'd say, "Here comes dirt."  So cute!!  I could totally tell he didn't like his fingers dirty though...he kept trying to rub off any dirt he got on them!  But oh how he loved washing his hands in the water hose! 

Hand washing fun :)
After working in the garden, we played in the sand box and then ate a snack while swinging in the swing under the gazebo.  He noticed a spot on the gazebo cover above his head and asked "what's dat?"  I told him it was just bird poop.  Well, our conversation then consisted of bird poop.  But I didn't mind and his little voice is so stinkin' cute!  He was sure to tell his Mom and Dad about the bird poop when they got back.

Jonas got to meet Kelvin too although Kelvin totally terrified Jonas for a bit!  I guess Jonas didn't expect anyone else to be in the house because when Kelvin came out of his room and said hi to Jonas, Jonas got this shocked look on his face, turned slowly around and walked into the pantry and started to cry, "Grandma!"  He clung to me like he had seen a ghost!  I guess Kelvin looks pretty scary! ;)  Jonas did warm up to him after a while. :)

Look at the monkeys!!
"I feed da ducks"
Our day didn't end there...our afternoon was filled with good times too.  Stephanie, Clint, Scott, Kelvin, Jonas and I all went to Willow Park in Logan and enjoyed seeing the animals and feeding the ducks.  It's just so cute to see Jonas "discover" the world!

Cute family :)
And after Willow Park we went to my favorite place...Twilberries!!  I love that place!!  It has kind-of turned into a Logan tradition!  I think everyone else enjoyed it too!
Twilberries!!
Yum!

It was a sweet day!!  
Thank you Stephanie!!

1 comment:

  1. That was a fun day. I want to do something like that again. Jonas is just too cute and he sure loves being with you.

    ReplyDelete