Scott and I got to experience a different kind of temple session tonight.
![]() |
| Sorry...pictures are never allowed inside the temple. But here we are heading back for home...and to bed! |
This week is our ward's week to help clean the Brigham City Temple. In my 32 years of marriage I've never even been asked to perform such a service. I guess it's a blessing of having a small temple in our home town.
It was a neat experience. We reported in at 8:45 p.m. in our Sunday dress along with 20 other people. We were given white scrubs, socks, and slippers to wear and watched a video explaining the whole cleaning process. Then we were split into groups and assigned different areas of the temple to clean. Then we cleaned...EVERYTHING! And disinfected EVERYTHING that might have or could have been touched by human hands. We dusted, swiffered, vacuumed, mopped, polished, and emptied garbages. But many hands make light work...as others finished their area, they would go and help in a different area. By 11:45 pm we were back in the baptisty area for a closing prayer. It is definitely the Lord's house...beautiful and clean! And that cleaning routine is done every night (except Sundays, I think)! I wish my house was as clean!!
.jpg)
That's the first time you've been asked? We have sign ups once a year I think. It's just never been possible for us to do it because of Jonas, and work and all that. But eventually we'll go and do it.
ReplyDelete