Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 274 (Not So Empty Again) - Getting All Our Ducks in a Row

Unfortunately, Scott and I are not getting any younger...although I still feel young!!  So when we received a notice in the mail about an estate planning seminar I know we both thought in the back of our minds, "We need to do that."

So tonight we attended the seminar and increased our knowledge about just what all our kids will have to deal with when Scott and I finally kick the bucket.  True, we don't have a ton of wealth and assets, but we do have a home and a few dollars in the bank.  It would be much better for us to spend a few hundred dollars now than to make our kids pay thousands of dollars in court fees later just to be able to have access to what is rightfully theirs!

Now the decisions start to formulate...which one or two of our kids do we pick to become executors/trustees?
P.S.  I'm still hoping I get "twinkled", but in the meantime, I'm glad we're "Getting All our Ducks in a Row."

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That is the person (or persons) who becomes "in charge" to make sure everything is taken care of as outlined in the trust. Your Dad and his brother Dennis are the trustees to his parent's trust.

      Delete