Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 277 (Not So Empty Again) - Gone but not Forgotten

Scott and I took advantage of a few spare hours between Sunday meetings today to go visit graves of a few "gone, but not forgotten" family members.

On the top of our list was Scott's dad, Arvel Dean (aka "Papa Dean") and my brother, Dirk Dee Maw.  You know you're getting older when the graves you go visit are closer related loved ones than in years before.  Oh dear!

Arvel Don Dean 10/7/22 - 1/14/12
Scott's dad passed away about a year and a half ago.  Has that much time passed already ?!  Just a bit ago we took dinner to Scott's mom and she said out of the blue, "What do you think Dad is doing right now?"  I know she misses him and thinks about him often.  We miss him too.  I'm sure he is doing a great work in the spirit world!














Dirk Dee Maw 3/17/54 - 6/24/90

Talk about time passing quickly.  My brother Dirk passed away almost 23 years ago.  It just doesn't seem like it's been that long.  Dirk was our family's quiet peacemaker.  And talk about smart!  I guess that's why he was so quiet...his brain was thinking and calculating all the time!  I like to think that Dirk has probably been busy in the spirit world being the Lord's electrician.  In fact, I bet he's been the inspiration behind all these fancy techno things we have these days!  He was a great big brother...I miss him too.








Isn't it great to have the knowledge we will see our loved ones again!  
"Sweet is the peace the Gospel brings!"

1 comment:

  1. I love Grandpa Dean. He's so sweet. Nice stubborn memories of him. :) Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete