Our final full day of camp centered all around the word, "Arise". I think today was my favorite day of the whole camp as the Young Women (and leaders) were taught to Arise in their testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ!
We started the morning off with a hike to an old abandoned mine, and since I love hiking it was awesome! Linda Lowe, the Stake Camp Director, gave a talk later this evening and related the hike to life. She did such an awesome job comparing the struggling, darkness, light, and other things to life and following the Lord!
+(800x533).jpg)
Then in the afternoon, all the young women (and leaders if they wanted), participated in a "Hold to the Rod" Activity. It was a great activity teaching the importance of holding fast to the rod and not be swayed by the world's temptations, peer pressure, etc. The youth leaders got to go through the activity first as us adult leaders were the guides and tempters, but then the youth leaders took it from there. As I watched (and took pictures!), I found myself tearing up when girls were pulled away from the rod by a sly youth leader who said just the right thing to entice them off. Wow, isn't that exactly the way Satan works too?! He knows our weaknesses and struggles! It's so important we hold fast to the word of God, and His commandments and not let Satan deceive us!!
Following dinner, the evening was filled with talks from Sister Dunaway, Linda Lowe, President Forsyth, and President Shepherd. President Forsyth even related an experience about Jessica introducing herself to him when the wards were first realigned. It touched my heart. Then each ward conducted their own testimony meeting time - I joined with the 25th ward, of course! (My home ward:)
Since I have to work in the morning, I headed home with my neighbor, Anamarie Hall, who had come up for the evening.
I think it was a very successful camp! But I'm certainly looking forward to going home and being with my good-looking man again! I've missed him!
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment