Sunday, January 12, 2014

Counting Blessings: Being S.M.A.R.T.!!

Today's Blessing:  Our Traditional Goal Setting FHE

I'm a big fan of goals!!  In fact, I could be accused of being obsessed with goals but I can't help it!  I love achieving.  And if I don't achieve, I re-evaluate until I do!

We had FHE at our house tonight and everyone was able to come!!  Yes, everyone!  Even Tiffany and Jeremy who specifically asked work off, and Stephanie, Clint, Jonas and brand new Alexis...so glad Stephanie was tired of being cooped up in the house!  (I guess not everyone was there...Jess is still in Argentina!)


Every January, my kids just know I'll be giving a lesson on setting goals.  And my kids are so good to listen to mom get on her goal "soapbox".  Tonight Scott and I put together a five course meal.  Each course spotlighted a part of the S.M.A.R.T. method of goal setting.  Now I'm not going to explain all that "smart" stuff.  If you want details, go to this website:  http://topachievement.com/smart.html.  But for dinner, we each made a "Specific Salad" to their liking (course 1); we served homemade chicken noodle soup in measuring cups for course 2 - "Measurable".  An expanded dinner roll was course 3 - "Attainable".  Course 4 was meatloaf and potato mountains for meating high goals - "Realistic".  And course 5 was "Timely" and "Tangible" ice cream sundaes...they were served at just the right time and appealed to the senses.



Afterwards we played Rummikub and visited and just enjoyed being family!!  Awesome!!

1 comment:

  1. That was a good lesson. I like goal setting too! Except, I like to do it all year and not just at the beginning. But that was in your lesson, right?

    ReplyDelete