Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Counting Blessings: Nibble While You Read

Today's Blessing:  Scriptures and Popcorn

Scott and I are on Day 28 of our "40 Days and 40 Nights" Scripture Reading Challenge.  So far we have done excellent and haven't missed a day! (knock on wood).  Already we are to Helaman 10 in the Book of Mormon, and we love it!

I think I've mentioned we get up at 4:30 am each day (except Sundays, then we get up at 5:30 am) and read between 30-40 minutes.  Then each night we get back together and read for another 30-40 minutes.  I totally love reading with Scott!  We bounce concepts off each other and it helps me think of things I've never thought of before.  When I emailed Jessica and told her what we were doing, she exclaimed, "You're having companion study time!"  She made me laugh.  But I guess she's right! :)  And so far I've taken a picture for each day of something that reminds me of what we read...except I'm still missing one day...I'm having a hard time finding something for those war chapters :(.

Anyway, I'm sure you can imagine how tired we are when 9:00 pm (or later) rolls around.  I've caught myself dozing several times while we read...not good!  But!...I have found a bowl of popcorn really helps keep me awake!  And it tastes good too!  And it's low fat!


I had a New Beginnings tonight so we ended up reading a little later than we prefer, so I just popped up some popcorn when I got home and we nibbled away while reading about prophesies of Christ's coming, corrupt judges, and murder.  Hmm...it was almost as good as watching a movie! ;)
I just had to include this picture...the 25th Ward took pictures of all their YW
standing behind this picture frame.   I thought it was cute.
I'm pretty sure it's for a wise purpose to be revealed later in the future. ;) 

1 comment: