Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Counting Blessings: Simply Cellular

Today's Blessing:  A Cell Phone!!

I must have been on the phone for a good two hours or more tonight!  Thank heaven for cell phones!  If I didn't have my cell phone, those calls would have cost me by the minute because they were both long distance!  (Everything's long distance in Brigham City!!)

I really don't like talking on the phone much...I wasn't a fan of it when I was young and it's still the case now.  I guess I'd much rather talk to someone in person.  But it is a blessing we can just call practically anywhere in the world and talk to anyone as if they were just next door.

So tonight my conversations were with my dad and my sister-in-law Leisha.  My dad went to the doctor today for a second checkup on a nasty looking boil on the back of his neck.  When we visited on Sunday, I looked at it and insisted my Dad call the doctor back and get in!!  It was oozing all over and I squeezed out a ton of pus!  Yuck!!  I bandaged up his neck and told my mom to be his nurse.  Anyway, today the doctor actually did something about it!  A little minor surgery.  According to the doctor, Dad had a follicle cyst which was infected so it wasn't really a boil at all.  The doctor removed the cyst and left the wound open so it could drain.  I'm pretty sure my mom is grossing out over that but as far as I know she's being a fairly good  nurse...at least she made him go to the doctor and that's pretty good for my mom who HATES doctors!!  Ha, ha!

And look at the cute gift I received today!  After work I met with the other ladies in the Stake YW Presidency and Lori gave each one of us this cool charm with the 2014 Mutual Theme.  Last year she gave us the necklace and the 2013 charm.  So we get to change it out!  Lori's so good!

1 comment:

  1. I only like being on the phone if I'm talking with you or dad or clint or cody or tiff. I dont think I've ever talked to Jason on the phone, maybe once, but I'm sure I'd like talking to him too. and thats it. no one else. it gets awkward sometimes.

    ReplyDelete