Monday, January 6, 2014

Counting Blessings: Three Years Old ;)

Today's Blessing:  Birthday Gifts

I turned one year older today...hopefully I'm one year wiser too!!

It was a good day.  Nothing spectacular happened but I received lots of birthday wishes and Scott was extra good to me...he cooked me breakfast and then got off work early so he could get home and wash the dishes so I wouldn't have to.  I thought that was sweet!  He didn't want me to have to work on my birthday!

German Pancakes!!
Handsome Dishwasher!! ;)
When I arrived at work this morning, this chocolate bar was sitting on my desk.  My co-worker, Susan Behring, is always good to remember everyone's birthday at the library!!  I brought in chips and bean dip for my birthday treat and everyone was very happy it wasn't something sweet!  (They're all trying to eat "better" for the new year!)

Chocolate is always a good gift!  And healthy too!  Right?!
During the day, my visiting teachers showed up at the library with a birthday gift...a cute apron and towel...both homemade by Sister Sandra Haddock.

Walking home from work there was this awesome sunshine!!  It felt sooo good!  Heavenly Father gave me sunshine for my birthday! :)

Birthday Sunshine!! :)
Then tonight we took Scott's mom out to eat for her Christmas present from us.  She loves the Greenery Restaurant so that's where we went.  She always orders a cup of clam chowder and a Mormon muffin.  I always order something different because I've yet to find something I love there!  However, tonight I had the Marco Polo (a recommendation from one of my visiting teachers) and it was really good!  HuaGuan is still my favorite though! :)

On our way back to Brigham, we stopped at Tiffany and Jeremy's for some "surprise" birthday cake.  Ha, ha...Scott ruined the surprise since he told me to "see what Jeremy wanted" when Jeremy texted Scott while we were driving to the Greenery.  It was still a nice surprise for me!  And they gave me $100,000,000!!  Too bad it was only play money!  I thought they had finally won the lottery! ;)
End Prohibition?!  What's that suppose to mean?!
$100,000,000 Recipient! :)



1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Jeremy is so funny. That sounds like a great bday and I love dad's gift to you - no work!

    ReplyDelete