Saturday, January 18, 2014

Counting Blessings: Cache Valley Get Away - Day 2

Today's Blessing:  Still Away from the Rat Race...for the most part of the day!

Yup, we all need some get away time!  And today got to be a continuation of yesterday!

Scott and I got up and went for a run first thing this morning.  I must admit, it was a little chilly in Cache Valley - a whopping 7 degrees!  But old age has turned Scott and I a little senile and we went for a run anyway!  We ran up to the Logan Temple!  It was great!  It's been nice to get out and run again!

Then breakfast at the Weston Inn was delicious!  We had our choice of waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, oranges, apples, oatmeal, raisins, yogurt, cereal, and milk.  It was yummy!  Especially after our nice cold run!  But Scott and I are total breakfast eaters too so we love hotels that offer a nice breakfast like that!


We hit the 11:40 am showing of Enders Game.  Yes, it is PG13...I lowered my standards so Scott and I could go to a movie together.  I guess it was rated PG13 because of the lazer shooting and the total annihilation of an alien planet!  Ouch!  The show was intense, but I didn't like the ending.  And Cody got to join us too...just barely!  He was donating plasma and got there just past the start.  Since we were in Logan, we had to take advantage of seeing our son!  We all went to Subway after and I forgot to take a picture!!  Ugh!!

After a little shopping (I found me two pairs of cute jeans at Platos Closet for only $7!!  Sweet), we stopped in at my favorite treat shop...yup, Twizlberries!!

And now it's back to the rat race!  Aww...thank you Cache Valley for the wonderful get away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment