Saturday, January 25, 2014

Counting Blessings: A Grandma Day

Today's Blessing:  Getting to be a little helpful, hopefully.

A Grandma Shot! :)
I got to spend the whole day with Stephanie, Jonas, and Alexis.  Plus a little time with Anna too, although she had to split herself up among LOTS of other people too.  You see, Anna had a baby shower today...her side of the family.  She got tons of cute clothes and darling blankets.  Her little girl is going to be the best dressed baby in town!!

I traveled down to Salt Lake a little early and Stephanie, Jonas, Alexis and I all went shopping.  Stephanie helped me pick out a couple of cute outfits for "Little Lilly".  I couldn't resist buying an outfit for Alexis too...little girl clothes are sooooo stinking cute!!  And I couldn't leave Jonas out either...he picked out a ninja turtle t-shirt.  What am I going to do when I get lots of grandkids!  I'll just be poor!

We all went to the baby shower too which was a lunch and gift opening party...no games :(  Kind-of different than the baby showers my family gives.  But it was good.  Lots of yummy salads, and Jonas loved the fruit kabobs.  Anna had extended family from both her mother and father's side so there were lots of people there.  Family support is the best!
Cute clothes! :)
For the rest of the afternoon/evening I hung out at Stephanie's house.  She makes a yummy breakfast burrito and afterwards I got to help get Jonas in the tub and then ready for bed...you know the whole "get ready for bed" routine...bath, jammies, brush teeth, get a drink, read the scriptures, read a story, say prayers, and then finally in bed with all his favorite toys!  So cute!  Now all that for a tired mom can seem endless, but for a grandma who loves a little one-on-one with her grandson...aww...that's priceless!   I just love that little guy! When I arrived at Stephanie's house this morning he came running down the hall and literally jumped into my arms.  Now that's what a grandma loves! The only thing he wouldn't let me do before bed was sing him a song...he wanted mommy for that!
Jonas loves Alexis holding his finger :)
Look at that tummy!!  And what a big yawn!
This little one fights going to sleep though!!
Arr...he finally be in bed with all his booty!
 Hopefully I was a little help for Stephanie too.  She definitely has her hands full with Alexis!  It's times like today that I wish I lived a little closer.  I'd love to take Jonas for a couple of hours and give her a little break!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love for you to give me a break too. :) Jonas loves his Grandma's - and Grandpa's. Although Dad is definitely his favorite grandpa. You both take time to play with him, and that's what he loves. People to play with him.

    ReplyDelete