Today's Blessing: Baked Onion Rings
Scott and I love onion rings! But they are so unhealthy because they are always deep fried! So we were pretty pumped when Scott found on Facebook a recipe for Baked Onion Rings. How cool is that?!
I thought I'd give them a try tonight...they failed. :( But it was probably my doing. The recipe called for just one egg white and I used a whole egg, so my batter was really runny...too runny to stick to the onions. The recipe said to cut the onions thin...I think I cut them too thin...some of them almost shriveled up to nothing after 20 minutes of baking. They need a measurement of salt..."salt to taste" just makes it really hard to know how much. And it's very important to dip them in the dry ingredients first and then the mixed batter because otherwise the mixed batter won't stick.
So there you go! I'm going to try them one more time and learn from my first experience. I thought they were a fail, but Scott loved them! But he loves raw onions too! Yuck!
If you're interested in trying to make some yourself, you'll find the recipe here. Hopefully yours will turn out much better than mine!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment