Thursday, January 30, 2014

Counting Blessings: A Bike Ride, a Run, AND a Walk

Today's Blessing:  All Three in One Day!

I love it when I can fit my exercising around things I need to do!!

For example...I've got to get to work somehow each day, so lately I've been  trying to ride my bike to work each day instead of walking.  You see, I'm a little behind on my bike riding as part of the "Get Fit Challenge" Scott and I joined the first of the month.   Bike riding during the winter isn't really my favorite exercise...the cold air blowing in my face just isn't appealing to me.  But I've been enduring it well and it actually hasn't been too bad.  So getting to work has been a good exercise routine for me.

Since I can't take a picture of me riding my bike, I included
a snapshot from my online "Get Fit" Dashboard!
Second...today after work I had a small birthday treat to deliver to one of my visiting teaching sisters who lives only about a half a mile away.  So I decided to run it over...and I took the long way getting there so I could get in a whole mile!
Aren't mobile apps the greatest?! :)
Then...I had to get back home, right?!  So I walked!  Ta Dah!!  I got all three exercises in on one day!  Woohoo!!  Now if I just did that every day, this "Get Fit Challenge" would be a cinch!

1 comment:

  1. I couldnt do all that in one day, let alone one of those exercises. I dont go as many places as you. Plus I would have to cart around 2 kids...ya, That wont be happening for a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete