Miracles do happen!! Scott and I were so tired tonight that we read our scriptures early and actually got in bed before 9:00 p.m.!
On January 1 we started a scripture reading challenge called "40 Days and 40 Nights". Basically you follow an outlined reading assignment of one of the four standard works. It involves reading in the morning and at night for about 30-40 minutes each time. By the end of the 40 days, you will have finished that book of scripture. I had already set for a goal for myself to read and study the scriptures at least 30 minutes every day so I was pretty excited when Scott told me about this challenge and asked if I wanted to do it with him!
The crazy thing is though...in order for us to be able to read together in the morning and still have time to get ready for work, we have to get up at 4:30 am. Ya, people think we're crazy. But it works for us and so far I'm really enjoying that reading time together! (Ha, ha, we're only on day 3!) We're reading the Book of Mormon right now but I asked Scott if we can do the challenge with all the standard works. I'm pretty sure he said yes.
So...by 8:00 pm at night we both find ourselves pretty tired. That's why going to bed early tonight was a very nice blessing!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment