Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 134 (Not So Empty) - Hello 2013!!

There's just something about a new year that makes me all excited inside!  I know, I'm weird, but it's like I'm given a clean slate all ready for new opportunities, hopes, and dreams!!

I love setting New Years Goals!!  Notice I call them goals and not resolutions!!  Resolutions is a word that seems to have low credibility.  Now Goals...that word has meaning and power!

Scott and I were talking a bit ago about how we would like to set a goal for the  new year to run a certain amount of miles for the entire year...like 10,000 miles (ha, ha, just kidding).  But that just excited me!  Ooo...wouldn't that be awesome to run like 400, or 500 miles for the whole year?!  We haven't decided on an amount yet, BUT we did start the new year off going for a run!!  I just love how running makes me feel! :)  And Scott has downloaded this awesome app on his phone (mapmyrun.com) that records our run, the distance, time, elevation and even shows our course we ran when we're done!!  It is sooo awesome!!  It just motivates you to do more!!

So our run was just short...only 2 miles...but by small and simple things great things are sure to come!!  And yes, it was cold! (21 degrees!)  But we both bundled up and before we knew it, our bodies were nice and warm!!

Looks like I'm getting a running start on the new year!! :)
I love it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment